Print maker - C Bennet; Publisher - William Wilson
View showing the bridge sweeping from the left towards the city, with cathedral at the edge of the water, people walking in front of a neo-classical building with a colonnaded portico and a spire rising behind it, in the centre, others in the park in the foreground, with trees to either side, cattle in the right foreground and an obelisk in the middle-ground to right. 1818. Etching and aquatint, printed in colour with hand-colouring.
Scratched below the image with the title in open letters, a dedication from the painter 'by Permission' to the Lord Provost Henry Monteith and the Town Council of Glasgow and 'Drawn by W. Wilson. / Engraved by C. Bennet/ London, Pubd. 1818, by W Wilson, 53, Paddington Street, Portman Square.'
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
image © Trustees of the British Museum
Nelson's Monument, Glasgow, Scotland
Landscapes & Seascapes