image © Trustees of the British Museum | Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
image © Trustees of the British Museum | Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Chapel of St. Benedict

Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]

From the Collection

Description

Plate 28; view of chapel with memorials to the Countess of Hartford at left, Dr Gabriel Goodman and George Sprat on the back wall, free-standing caskets with sculptures to the Earl and Countess of Middlesex at right beside plaque memorial to Dr Willam Bill, the Archbishop of Langham sculpted on a casket in the foreground; illustration to Ackermann's 'The History of Westminster Abbey'. 1811. Hand-coloured aquatint and etching.
Additional Makers: Publisher - Ackermann; Print maker - John Bluck
Inscription: Lettered below image with title and key to the monuments (numbered within image), production detail: "F. Mackenzie delt.", "J. Bluck sculpt." and publication line: "Published July 1 1811 for R. Ackermann's Westmr. Abbey, at 101 Strand"
For full details please visit the collection website

Image Licence

Image Credit

image © Trustees of the British Museum

From the Watercolour World

Location

Westminster Abbey, London, England

Country

Medium