© Royal Collection Trust | Licence: All Rights Reserved
© Royal Collection Trust | Licence: All Rights Reserved

Datchet Bridge c.1840

Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]

From the Collection

Description

Descriptive Medium: 'Pencil and watercolour'

Image Licence

Image Credit

© Royal Collection Trust

From the Watercolour World

Location

The Waterfront, Southlea Rd, Datchet, Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead, England

Country

Tww Comment

Datchet Bridge, also known as The Divided Bridge, was a road bridge which crossed the River Thames at Datchet from 1706 until it was demolished in 1848. It was situated on the reach between Old Windsor Lock and Romney Lock and linked Windsor on the Berkshire bank to Datchet on the Buckinghamshire side. The bridge replaced a ferry service which had operated at the site since at least the middle of the 13th century. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datchet_Bridge