Tuileries Garden, Paris, France
Inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, center: "One of the Five Pagodas built by the Rajah Tullogee to replace the same | number that formerly stood within the bounds of the Espranade | on the N.W. side of the Fort and which were destroyed immediately | after the surge in 1772 --"; in graphite, lower left: "J 117" [encircled]
Medium: Gray ink, gray wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
Credit: Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
For full details please visit the collection website.
A comment or a correction? We're always pleased to know more: [email protected]