Part of the St. Augustine's Abbey
Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]
From the Collection
Watercolour and pencil. By the time Alexander painted this view of St. Augustine's Abbey, it had fallen into complete disrepair. The abbey was originally converted into a palace for Anne of Cleves in 1539. The house pictured was pulled down in 1845 to make way for St Augustine's Missionary College. It is now the site of the library for King's School who took over the college in 1975.