Stapleton, Bristol, England
Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]
From the Collection
Watercolour over pencil with added signature and inscription lower left: W.J. Muller, Roslin (H. 33cm, W. 48cm)
The village of Roslin (or Rosslyn, in its original spelling) lies in a glen seven miles from Edinburgh. The name derives from the Celtic word Ross, a rocky promontory, and Lynn, a waterfall. The famous Chapel with the Apprentice Pillar is beside it.
This watercolour was once attributed to William James Muller (1812-1845) and has a spurious signature.
From the Watercolour World