Poland Street, Soho, London, England
1 December 1809
Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]
The Surrey Institution was housed in what had been the Leverian Museum, built c.1788 by James Burton for the land agent James Parkinson in order to exhibit the collection of Sir Ashton Lever, which he had won in a lottery. When the Surrey Institution took over in 1806, Joseph Parkinson reconstructed the interior. It was demolished in the 1960s
Inscription: Surrey Institution. ; Rowlandson & Pugin delt. et sculpt. ; J. C. Stadler aquat.
Additional makers: Pugin, Augustus, 1762-1832. ; Stadler, Joseph Constantine. ; architect Parkinson, Joseph T., 1783-1855 ; architect Burton, James, 1781-1837