Hanbury Manor was known as “Poles”. It replaced an 18th century house on the site which belonged to Robert Hanbury from the 1850s. In 1923 it was purchased and converted into a convent school. The school closed in 1986 and the estate was bought by developers who turned Poles into a luxury hotel and golf club and renamed it Hanbury Manor.
The Watercolour World | Registered in England & Wales with the Charity Commission in England & Wales (CCEW) with charity number 1167968 | Company no. 10179857 | Registered address: Poplar Hall Cottage, Burns Green, Benington, Stevenage, SG2 7DB