Image © The Royal Irish Academy (RIA). Reproduction, publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Royal Irish Academy. For permission, please contact [email protected] | Licence: All Rights Reserved
Image © The Royal Irish Academy (RIA). Reproduction, publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Royal Irish Academy. For permission, please contact [email protected] | Licence: All Rights Reserved

A view of the Archiepiscopal Pallace [sic] at Tallaught [Tallaght], 4 miles from Dublin [...]

Date

ca. 1780-1800

Collective Title

Rambles through the County of Dublin and some of the neighbouring ones.

Collection

Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]

From the Collection

Description

A view of the Archiepiscopal Palace at Tallaght, Co. Dublin. Two men walk in the foreground, with one man pointing towards the building.
The Archiepiscopal Palace at Tallaght, south-west of Dublin, was the second of the three residences of the archbishops of Dublin. Its fourteenth-century predecessor was torn down by Archbishop Hoadley in 1729 so that he could build this palace.
Original Accession: 3 C 32/19

Image Licence

Image Credit

Image © The Royal Irish Academy (RIA). Reproduction, publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Royal Irish Academy. For permission, please contact [email protected]

From the Watercolour World

Location

Tallaght Castle, Dublin, Republic of Ireland

Medium