image © De Agostini Picture Library/G. Dagli Orti | Licence: All Rights Reserved
image © De Agostini Picture Library/G. Dagli Orti | Licence: All Rights Reserved

View of the gardens of Château de Malmaison

Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]

From the Collection

Description

The house and gardens of the Château de Malmaison were owned by Joséphine de Beauharnais and Napoléon Bonaparte from 1799 until 1815. Napoléon used the Château as the headquarters of the French government from 1800 to 1802.

Image Licence

Image Credit

image © De Agostini Picture Library/G. Dagli Orti