Tallaght Castle, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]
A view of St. John's Tower, Thomas Street, Dublin and surrounding buildings; including a courtyard housing pigs in the foreground.
The tower was the only remains of a church founded by the Crutched Friars (or Crossbearing Friars - Fratres Cruciferi). St John's was part of a priory and hospital of the order founded around 1188 and located outside the New Gate of Dublin's medieval city walls. The tower was taken down in 1800.
Original Accession: 3 C 32/18