Image courtesy HET Utrechts Archief | Licence: Publiek Domein 1.0
Image courtesy HET Utrechts Archief | Licence: Publiek Domein 1.0

View of the Vecht in Utrecht with the Pellecussenpoort.

Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]

From the Collection

Original title

"De Pelkus Poort an de bemuurde Weerd een fraaie / voorstad v: de stad Utrecht o[ ... ] / in 1622 / door J N v Lokhorst naar A. Rademaker"

Image Licence

Image Credit

Image courtesy HET Utrechts Archief

From the Watercolour World

Location

Lauwerecht, Utrecht, Netherlands

Country

Tww Comment

The building took its name from the medieval Pellecussen family, which had a great influence in Utrecht. In 1672 French troops destroyed the Pellecussenpoort. The remaining ruin was almost completely demolished in 1717. Remaining parts are today in the Pellecussenbrug (nl.wikipedia.org)