The Chimneys, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts, USA
Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]
Center, mid-Victorian house with piazzas, set behind large elms. Three round pendants, each 2 1/4 in. in diamter. Left pendant: Warren Homestead. 1720 - c. 1846. Right pendant: side view of the central mid-Victorain house. Lower center pendant: Arms of Warren family. The “Warren House” was built about 1846 by Dr. John C. Warren on site of Warren Homestead. The house still stands on Warren Street opposite the Joseph Warren statue which is located at the junction of Moreland, St. James and Cliff Sts., Roxbury. The piazza at right no longer exists; wall left foreground, has been broken to provide entrance. According to the present owner the house, now called “Warren Manor,” has been a rooming house for the last 36 years. Medium: Watercolour and graphite on paper.
For full details please visit the collection website.