image © London Metropolitan Archives (City of London) | Licence: All Rights Reserved
image © London Metropolitan Archives (City of London) | Licence: All Rights Reserved

York House (later Stafford Then Lancaster House), Stable Yard, St James's Palace

Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]

From the Collection

Description

York House (later Stafford Then Lancaster House): Exterior view

For full details please visit the collection website.

Image Licence

Image Credit

image © London Metropolitan Archives (City of London)

From the Watercolour World

Location

Lancaster House, Westminster, London, England

Country

Tags

Tww Comment

The Palace of Whitehall was originally called York Place after the Archbishop of York, Walter de Grey, bought it in 1240. It was destroyed by fire in 1698.