Tooley Street, Southwark, London, England
This undated drawing shows the late Gothic architecture of St Salvator's Chapel and Tower (also known as the Old College), in the centre of St Andrews. The drawing is from a sketch by the Rev J. Cordiner'. The St Salvator quadrangle is located immediately beside the Old College. Founded in 1450 by Bishop James Kennedy as the College of the Holy Saviour, St Salvator's Chapel and Tower is the medieval lynchpin of St Andrews. Protestant reformers damaged the Chapel during the Reformation, and it underwent a major rebuilding programme from 1680 onwards. The quadrangle area beside St Salvator's is highly popular with the university's students.
Collective title: Hutton Drawings > [Volume 2] > Fife
More details about the album and its contents can be found on the collection website.
A comment or a correction? We're always pleased to know more: [email protected]