Garden Cottage is where Queen Victoria sometimes used to take breakfast, deal with State correspondence and write her diaries. The original cottage was a wooden building which was completed in 1863 and occupied by a gardener, with two of the rooms set aside for Queen Victoria. The first recorded use was as an isolation hospital for Queen Victoria's Lady in Waiting who developed scarlet fever in 1864.
Alterations were made to the property but by 1894 the wooden cottage had fallen into disrepair and was demolished. The present stone cottage, clad in part with Ballochbuie wood from the forest at the West end of the Estate, was completed in 1895. Garden Cottage overlooks the secluded water garden, which was created to the West of the main garden between the cottage and the West Drive.(https://www.balmoralcastle.com/garden_cottage.htm)
The Watercolour World | Registered in England & Wales with the Charity Commission in England & Wales (CCEW) with charity number 1167968 | Company no. 10179857 | Registered address: Poplar Hall Cottage, Burns Green, Benington, Stevenage, SG2 7DB