Warwick Lane, London, England
Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]
Coloured wood engraving by W. H. Prior after an earlier engraving.
This is the second building of Bethlem Hospital [Bedlam], built in 1675-1676 in Moorfields, London. In 1814-1815 the hospital removed to St. George's Fields, Southwark, and the Moorfields building was subsequently demolished This print is closely related to image number 13479 in this catalogue
Inscription: Old Bethlem Hospital, about 1750. (see page 200) ; WHP
Additional makers: Prior, William Henry, 1812-1882.