Durham Cathedral, Durham, England
Tower House, Lacock
Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]
From the Collection
Watercolour on paper, Tower House, Lacock (after William Gibbs) by Matilda Caroline Gilchrist-Clark (d.1927). Copied from a painting by William Gibbs of Bath (owned by Mrs Turner, The Mount, Somerford). The watercolour was given to Richard Howard Foley (1876-1953), the Agent at Lacock, who lived at Tower House. It was given to the Trust by his son Eric john Foley in 1984. M.C. Talbot (d.1927) married John Gilchrist-Clark and was the mother of the donor of Lacock Abbey in 1944. The Tower was removed in about 1872.
From the Watercolour World