Cheddar Gorge, Somerset, England
20 September, 1848
Comments? Do please tell us: [email protected]
The houses were built by Isaac Ackermann, each house a mirror image of the other with extensive grounds extending north to Lavender Hill. Only one survives today, Gilmore House, named after Mrs Gilmore who established an Anglican college for Deaconesses there. This vista north was lost when the garden and eastern house were demolished in the 1870s for housing, now marked by Sisters Avenue.